Friday, August 9, 2013

Welcome!


This blog is a chance for me to write about literature and films.

I hope you’ll consider commenting on the entries so that this space is a dialogue and not a monologue. You’ll also want to click on the various links, for I promise some entertaining surprises.

A bit about me: I’m a long-time professor of English, currently at Dickinson State University (North Dakota), who is originally from the lower Midwest. My specialty is modern American literature, although my interests vary, which will be reflected in this blog. I have published books on Mark Twain and Charles Johnson, as well as dozens of articles on many different subjects.

I’d like to dedicate this blog to my parents, especially my mother, without whom I’d never developed my life-long love of reading. I literally can’t remember an evening that I didn’t see books in their hands. If I can offer any insights here, it’s because of their love and support.

And so, with only some trepidation, away we go!

1 comment:

  1. Interesting to learn about ND in winter. Unfortunately can't get Spotted Cow in MO.
    Love your links to subjects.

    ReplyDelete